Tom Collins wrote (at Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 10:18:10PM -0700):
> On Dec 29, 2003, at 3:22 PM, Shaun Reitan wrote:
> >I'm trying to get vadddomain to use a dir named mail rahter than
> >domains
> >when creating the maildir's (ex: /home/user3/mail/user3.domain.com
> >rather
> >than /home/user3/domains/user3.domain.com)
> >but i keep getting this error... am i doign somthing wrong?
>
> I don't think this is possible with the current source.  There's way
> too much code that assumes the domains are in a directory called
> "domains".

If you compile vpopmail with --enable-domains-dir=mail and make a
symlink ~vpopmail/domains -> ~vpopmail/mail, I bet it will work.  I
do something similar (but i use "d" instead of "mail"), and it works.
I did this because /usr/local/vpopmail/domains/ is just too
restrictive on domain name length for some of the domains I had to
import to vpopmail from IMail.

I have ~vpopmail = /usr/local/v and domains-dir = d, but I have
symlinks in place from:

    (cd /usr/local; ln -s v vpopmail)
    (cd ~vpopmail; ln -s d domains)

--