two solutions

1. Don't start qmail-send in your RC script (in case u are not
    using supervise (comment out the line having qmail-start).
    If qmail-send is already running

    kill <pid of qmail-send>

   If using supervise,
   touch /service/qmail-send/down
   svc -d /service/qmail-send
   (having the down file will prevent qmail-send to come up
    the next time you reboot your m/c)

2. have 0 in the control files concurrencylocal and concurrencyremote

Regards

--
Manvendra Bhangui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>