Mm... Ok, my email server has a DNS server configured and is the one in the resolv.conf.

so I asume it is not the DNS .
Any other ideas?

Alex Borges wrote:

9 times out of ten, this is related to your dns in your dmz resolving to
the external address of your email server (or, not having a different
view in your DNS for your DMZ...) , thus it tries to send to that
address to which the firewall wont let him (cannot send to the external
address from within the DMZ)... I put a local DNS in the servers
sometimes. Other times i use a view on the main DNS server.