On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:10:17 -0800 (PST)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > On 27 Jan 2004 11:57:01 -0800
> > Tom Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> I'm seeing a number of emails like [EMAIL PROTECTED] coming in to
> >my> server. They are from different users. Since the local user
> >doesn't> exist, qmail is attempting to bounce the message back to the
> >sender.> Most of these are failing, the messages are obviously spam.
<snip>
> > You can delete them pretty easily if you create a "catchall" account
> > and then tell it to delete all e-mail delivered to that account.
> > Something like "junk" or "spamtrap" is usually a good name for the
> > catchall account, if you're making it strictly to dump all mail
> > coming to users that don't exist. Make sure you don't have any valid
> > e-mail going to that catchall before you start deleting them though.

> Could the "postmaster" account be used for this or would creating a
> special account be preferred?

I strongly recommend against using the postmaster account that way. If
your domain is ever believed to be spamming or causing any other kind of
problem to people on the internet, the postmaster account is one of the
first places they'll try to use to get you to correct it. Very little
(if any) postmaster mail should be discarded - even if it's spam.

Jacob

-----
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Computers are like air conditioners -- they stop working properly if you
open Windows