On Sun, 2004-02-08 at 07:25, Eduardo M. Bragatto wrote:
> Jake S wrote:
>
> > Hi !
> > Is there any patch for blocking too frequent pop3-logins (bruteforce
> > attacks) ??
> > If not, is anyone interested in some ?
> > I'm doing this right at the moment !
>
>       I'm looking for the same thing, but I want to stop bruteforce on
> qmail-smtpd. I've tried to do it with tcpserver, but I had no success. I
> think that would be better if this patch was made for tcpserver (since I
> use tcpserver to set up both pop3 and smtpd).

that could only be done in tcpserver by rate limiting connections by IP
address, and would also affect legitimate connections made by valid
users using proper authentication credentials.  I'd be mighty upset if
anyone rate limited my pop3 connections ;)

Of course, special provisions could be made, but

-Jeremy

--
Jeremy Kitchen
Systems Administrator