-----Original Message-----
From: knom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 4:21 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [vchkpw] Heureka! Finished POP3-Frequency-Patch (against
bruteforcing)

Hi!
I finished the Patch forqmail-pop3d which doesn't allow more then xx logins
every yy seconds.
(As some of you may know from GMX.net)
If you log in more often then eg. 10 times in 5 minutes you get an error
message which says, that you have to wait xx minutes until relogin.
Thats quite good against pop3 bruteforcing, I think !

If anybody is interested in how including this feature, please write me !

Thanks, knom.

Are you throttling connections by IP address or by username/passwords?

Also, perhaps instead of "you have to wait xx minutes" maybe you can just
list 0 messages.

Jake