Hello,

I installed vpopmail-bin v 5.8.3-1 on debian woody (along with a bunch of other packages for a full qmail/courier/mysql mail system).

I noticed in the /var/lib/vpopmail/etc directory the file vpopmail.sql:

create database if not exists vpopmail;
grant all privileges on vpopmail.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED] identified by 'qlonimutz';
flush privileges;

I can connect to the mysql db with that username and access the vpopmail db. However, when I do a vadddomain (or anything involving the mysql portion of this), I get:

mail:/var/lib/vpopmail/etc# vadddomain 123456.123
Please enter password for postmaster:
enter password again:
could not connect to mysql update server Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES) with database
could not connect to mysql update server Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[c]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[b]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[3]: MySQL server has gone away
vmysql: sql error[2]: MySQL server has gone away
Error: Unable to chdir to vpopmail/users directory

By searching I created the file vpopmail.mysql with this line: localhost|0|vpopmail|glonimutz|vpopmail

However, I still get the access denied.

I basically want to get this package working, and can't find the "little step you missed" anywhere. Also, I'd prefer not to start up a religious war on packages versus source.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John