Hello,

Not really a vpopmail thing, but I figure it wouldn't hurt to ask
here.

We use a dialup accelerator that the provider we buy dialup modems
provides for us.  Due to the amount of people using this proxy, which
also proxies email requests, it sometimes get's listed in one of our
blacklists we use, namely bl.spamcop.net.

However, we do have the IP in question listed in our tcp.smtp file
like this:

66.81.0.10:allow,RBLSMTPD="",RELAYCLIENT=""

It also matches in the cdb file too.  I've checked my run command and
the correct tcp.smtp.cdb file is being looked at.

However, sometimes, not all the time, people get rejected with a 451
error from Spamcop saying they are listed in the database, even though
we are setting the RBLSMTPD variable in the tcp.smtp file.

Sometimes it works with no problems, sometimes it doesn't.

So I'm thinking I'm hitting some sort of resource issue where the
enviroment variable is not being set and thus the user is getting the
451 error.

Has anybody ever seen anything like this before?  Any ideas what to
look at?

Regards,

Joe Boyce
---