Jeremy Kitchen writes:

On Sat, 2004-02-28 at 15:36, Axiom wrote:
Sorry about the top posting. I have never heard of top posting before. I just had to look it up on google to see what it even meant. Now I know :)

I am not sure how qmail-smtpd is running. I don't even see it in my process list anywhere. I am running qmail + vpopmail + courier-imap.

you probably won't, it's only active when there is a connection active.

The only other thing that I can see is that in my /etc/rc.local startup script i have a line that says:

csh -cf '/command/svscanboot &'

that's starting svscan on /service. that's from daemontools.

Could that have something to do with how qmail-smtpd is running?

maybe, if you're running it under daemontools.

How does qmail-smtpd usually start with a qmail + vpopmail setup?

it must be started under a superserver such as tcpserver, inetd, xinetd,
etc.

I assume you're using freebsd, so you can't use netstat -anp to get the
process id of what is listening on port 25.

The thing is, you should know how it's starting, because you set it up.

-Jeremy
--
Jeremy Kitchen
Systems Administrator

Ahh yes... You've jogged my memory a bit.

I am starting qmail-smtpd using inetd with the following line:

smtp stream tcp nowait qmaild /var/qmail/bin/tcp-env tcp-env /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd

Could I just add -x/etc/tcp.smtp.cdb to the end of that line?

:: Casey Ralls ::
:: Vector Networking Solutions ::
:: http://www.vectorns.com ::
:: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ::