Thank you,
I just undestood that I made a mistake reading

http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html
I thought the smtpauth patch had been inserted in vpopmail 5.4.0 so I didnot applied
it.
Just applied it and recompiled qmail and vpopmail and now it works fine !

Thank you inter7 team and all of you helping newcomers and sharing knowledge !

Roger Lipscombe wrote:

Sebastien FOUTREL wrote:

Hello,
I use this HOWTO to install qmail with vpopmail but did not wanted to
use the --enable-roaming-users=y so I set it to --enable-roaming-users=n and now I want to use the
SMTPAUTH as described in http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/smtpauth.html but
I always get an error message when I want to send a message.

What error message?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just got it working correctly (AFAICT) on my test box last week. Dunno if my notes'll help, but feel free: http://www.differentpla.net/node/view/165, particularly the paragraph titled "SMTP AUTH with vpopmail" on this page: http://www.differentpla.net/node/view/170

Cheers,
Roger.