Hi,

I first compiled with -enable-roaming-users=y, but then re-compiled with no options. None of the docs I consulted referred to the -enable-passwd option (is that a double hyphen in the compile options?).

Rob

On Mar 30, 2004, at 2:16 AM, Gary wrote:

From: "Rob Yale"
Hi,

I just finished installing and configuring vpopmail as per instructions
in Dave Sill's "The Qmail Handbook". When I attempt to test
authorization of a non-virtual user, it fails. I telnet'ed to 0.0.0.0
on port 110, specified "user rob" and then "pass 12345". I then get
"-ERR authorization failed". Here is my /service/qmail-pop3d/run file:

#!/bin/sh
exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 2000000 \
     /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -H -l 0 0 110
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup \
         pop.yalemusic.ca /home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

I've been searching for a way to debug this, but haven't found
anything.  Can anyone suggest something that might be a good place to
look?

What is your vpopmail build config options? ./configure --?

http://www.inter7.com/vpopmail/install.txt Look #12

Gary

Rob Yale
Yale Music