At 02/04/04 21:38 (), Peter Palmreuther wrote:

Hello Devendra,

On Friday, April 2, 2004 at 7:26:47 AM you wrote (at least in part):

> This gives me a clue that perhaps we should be able to do it using
> qmail-scanner-queue.pl code. Let me try it out. If anyone else too can give
> some pointer on this angle do let us know.

qmail_requeue() seems to be the function that does pass the mail to
qmail-queue after qmail-scanner has processed it.

So before AV- and spam-check simply check for $sender (or
$env_returnpath, or whatever the variable is named at the location you
introduce the check) and instead of &init_scanners call a the requeue
with different recipient ($env_recips or the like). The new recipient
should be a local/virtualdomain recipient address that has a
blackholed delivery: a dot-qmail file containing only one line:

,----- [ .qmail-blackhole ]
| #
`-----

HTH
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

Thanks, Peter for the nice pin pointed clue. I would try out this clue as soon as I am free from the other imp stuffs. A bit difficult for me, not a perl programmer.

But, I was able to blackhole as follows:

In the file /var/spool/qmailscan/quarantine-attachments.txt

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <Tab> Virus-MAILFROM: <Tab> You are Banned.

Now, in /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl add "You are Banned" to the "silent_viruses_array" as

my @silent_viruses_array=('klez','bugbear','hybris','yaha','braid','nimda','tanatos','sobig','winevar','You are Banned');

This would delete the mail and would not intimate the sender.

Devendra Singh

Devendra Singh
IndiaMART InterMESH Limited
(Global Gateway to Indian Market Place)
B-1, Sector 8, Noida, UP - 201301, India
EPABX : +91-120-2424945, +91-120-3094634, +91-9810646342
Fax: +91-120-2424943
http://www.indiamart.com
http://www.indiangiftsportal.com
http://www.indiantravelportal.com