Hello Eduardo,

On Tuesday, April 6, 2004 at 8:58:28 PM you wrote (at least in part):

>> I need to make vpopmail recognize "user#domain.com" as the same way
>> it recognizes "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".
> It's needed only when RECEIVING messages via SMTP.

Than forget about my previous answer and forget about a solution.
You'd have to hack qmail for it recognizing the '#' first before you
could enter editing vpopmail sources. qmail will, without
modifications, not be able to find the domain part of a mail addressed
to 'user#domain.com', it'll append '/var/qmail/control/defaulthost'
and handle the mail according to how this 'defaulthost' is set up.

You'll have to make qmail check for '#' first and translating it into
'@'. Might be better to enforce incoming mail are addressed correctly
and according to a few RFC with '@' as domain delimiter, instead of
'#'.
--
Best regards
Peter Palmreuther

"C'mon everybody, here we gooooooo!  Off to Neverland!" - Peter Pan