On Sunday, April 25, 2004 9:17 PM, Chris Miller wrote:
> I'm having major issues with SMTP AUTH. Currently, if a user authenticates
they are allowed to relay. The problem is
> even if the user authenticates incorrectly, they are allowed to relay. I'm
sure it's something in my qmail-smtpd run script,
> so I'm pasting it below:

this has been discussed extensively, but...

you are probably using Krzysztof Dabrowski's qmail-smtpd-auth-0.31 patch

either patch your qmail with Erwin Hoffmann's
http://www.fehcom.de/qmail/auth/qmail-smtpd-auth-043_tgz.bin
or fix your run script:

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 3000000
  /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -R -l "$LOCAL" \
   -x /etc/tcp.smtp.cdb -c "$MAXSMTPD" \
   -u "$VPOPUID" -g "$VPOPGID" 0 smtp \
   /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd "$LOCAL" /var/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw /bin/true
2>&1

I recommend Erwin's fixup, as it has bug fixes and updated functionality

you may also want to investigate using the -H flag for tcpserver.

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net/