Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
eww. don't use that. Gentoo's qmail and qmail-related ebuilds are totally screwed.

That is what I am stuck with. I don't have time to maintain each package on the system individually so ebuilds are the only way I can keep my admin time down.

remove all that crap and install via www.lifewithqmail.org

If that is the only solution then I would rather install something like Squirrelmail. I was hoping the avoid the IMAP/POP3 layer and access the files directly but if I can't do that "out of the box" then I will just have to axe that goal and change to another email frontend.

Are Gentoo's qmail ebuilds that foobared? Perhaps I would be better off using a different mail system if Gentoo's qmail is going to cause me problems down the road.

Thanks for the heads up on the ebuilds!

Eric