Charles Sprickman wrote:

I'm also wondering if there are any plans for the vpopmail stuff to
support talking to multiple databases; ie: if no answer or timeout on one,
hit a slave that's replicating off the master.

I don't see anything happening with multiple databases beyond specifying a read database and an update database, but I have made some changes in vpopmail that will allow the patch to tell the difference between 'Unable to open database' and 'user does not exist'. Once that code gets released the patch author can return a temporary failure on 'can't open', and correctly report 'user does not exist' when appropriate.

I am just starting a new job, so my open source efforts are a bit behind...

Rick