Hi..
although this is a highly maildrop regarded question, I have to ask
here, since maildrop folks seem to be unresponsive..

some of you are using maildrop together with vpopmail, usually somewhere
in the maildirfilter file there's some line like
VPOP="| /var/vpopmail/bin/vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox"
to "$VPOP"

this works totally fine, when the user exists.
however if he doesn't, vpopmail exits 100, which seems to be a great
problem for maildrop: any process not exiting 0 makes maildrop exit
with code 75. this is especially bad, because 75 means for qmail to
defer this message and try it again and again until the queuelifetime
is reached. and we all know about those little spammers trying invalid
usernames...

so, how do you do it?
use the chkuser patch for qmail, so no illegal users get into the queue?
write a wrapper for vpopmail so that it exits 0 even when the user
doesn't exist?
use some hack for maildrop??

each way seems to have it's own disadvantage :/

--
Mit internetten Grüßen / Best Regards
Justin Heesemann                                    ionium Technologies