grep vpopmail /etc/passwd | awk -F ":" '{print $6}'

or

grep vpopmail /etc/passwd | cut -d':' -f6

Reason I'm asking is I'm making some minor modifications to the Makefile for
the chkuser patch and I want to make sure they're as absolutely portable as
possible before releasing it to the masses.

I appreciate any input (including if /etc/passwd is not portable, it's been on
every system I've ever seen, but I'm relatively new to *nix compared to a lot
of you I'm sure) I can get :)

Thanks.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 847.492.0470 int'l