On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:36:47 -0700
Tom Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Could someone with this problem use strace (or ptrace?) to get a trace
>
> of what happens when vchkpw is called?
>
> It should be as easy as adding: "/usr/bin/strace -ff -o
> /tmp/vchkpw.dump" right before "/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw" in the
> qmail-smtpd/run file.
>
> Attempt a SMTP AUTH connection, and then send me a copy of the
> /tmp/vchkpw.dump file and I'll try to isolate the source of the
> problem.

Is an strace from a working 64 bit installation of any help?

I'm unable to duplicate this bug on a new vpopmail 5.4.5 installation
using the qmailrocks.org toaster on a Sun Ultra 10 with a 64bit Sparc
processor.

Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #9:
Going from DOS to Linux is like trading a glider for an F117.