Would you consider using IPSec? As far as I know, IPSec encrypts packets at IP level so you'll avoid batch operations.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jesse Guardiani" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 6:10 PM
Subject: [vchkpw] vpopmail + billing server integration

Hello,

I have a vpopmail server that I would like to integrate with
my billing server. The billing server is behind a firewall, and
the mail server is not.

I'd like to connect via an encrypted shell, like SSH, but I'd
also like the connection to be persistent, to avoid connection
costs for batch operations. I'd also like to provide a FIFO
queue mechanism so that if the mail server reboots, anyone
working on the billing server won't get error messages when
they attempt to provision services. Then, when the mail server
comes back up, the SSH tunnel is re-established and the
queued operations begin to execute.

However, so far in my google searches I haven't seen anything
that would help me implement a persistent SSH connection
with a FIFO queue.

Can anyone give me tips?

Thanks!

--