On Friday 15 October 2004 10:40 am, Andrea Riela wrote:

> QMAILDUID=`id -u qmaild`
> NOFILESGID=`id -g qmaild`
[snip]
> /var/qmail/bin/qmail-smtpd nesys.it
> /usr/local/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw-noroaming /bin/true 2>&1

> well, the problem is:
> when I try to connect to send an email, I receive a password request for
> the user (the same as account user), I type the same password as account
> user, but, I couldn't send the email, and I receive always the password
> request.

Can the qmaild user read your vpopmail information?  I certainly hope not :)

Change qmail-smtpd to run as the vpopmail user and it should Just Work.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
        kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
           GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ scriptkitchen.com/kitchen.asc