Hello all,

I've searched and wasn't able to come up with an answer to this question.
Though I did see a reference to it in the Bug Lists (
http://tinyurl.com/59gos ).

We're hitting a wall with our MySql install and our traffic is filling up
all available MySql connections. We are currently working to tune our MySql
install. Until that happens, I was wondering if there was a reason that
vpopmail bounces all mail with a 5xx response when it can't connect to
MySql.

I know that I can increase my max_connections in MySql...it just seems as if
vpopmail should respond with a 4xx response so that valid mail isn't
bounced.

I will admit that I am using an old version of vpopmail (5.2). If this has
been fixed I'll work towards an upgrade.

Thanks in advance,

-jw-