On Nov 23, 2004, at 11:01 AM, David Hubbard wrote:
Is there a way to override that
behavior so messages are not lost?  Is this the
expected behavior even or is something else incorrect?
If I reverse the order in the .qmail file it works as
intended but I'd rather not patch vpopmail for all of
our servers and then remember to do that for the future.

It's a bit of a mess.

What we really need are two different programs -- one as an autoresponder, and one as a vacation responder. They need to bounce messages differently and exit differently.

I thought that someone had updated vdelivermail at one point to handle autoresponder's exit codes and not drop mail. I guess not.

I'd like to change QmailAdmin so that it puts the email address first, and then the autorespond program delivery. Unfortunately, check_user_forward_vacation() (the code that decodes the .qmail file) is a huge mess and expects the autorespond line to come first.

I'll see if I can find time to rewrite that function. The fix to correctly write the .qmail file is trivial. I'll see if I can get it into the next release.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]