On Friday 03 December 2004 09:39 am, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
> On Friday 03 December 2004 05:05 am, Oden Eriksson wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I don't know if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find
> > anything related using google searches.
> >
> > I use latest vpopmail+courier-imap and the pop-before-smtp method. This
> > has worked great during the past four or so years. The problem I'm
> > experiencing is that the relay file seems only to be updated at one time
> > when starting up the imap client and checking mail for the first time,
> > I'm using kmail. In order to successfully send mail after the
> > --enable-relay-clear-minutes period has expired I have to restart kmail.
> > This is annoying and has been the case for a very long time now. Now I'm
> > sick of it and need a resolution. So please advise what to do.
>
> Use smtp auth.  This is not a problem with kmail, courier-imap, or roaming
> users.

oh and to add.

even if you do restart kmail, that doesn't necessarily mean it restarts the
kio_slave for your imap connection, therefore you may have to log completely
out :)  Simple fix: use smtp auth.

-Jeremy

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 815.776.9465 int'l
      kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet IRC ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail
         GnuPG Key ID: 481BF7E2 ++ jabber:[EMAIL PROTECTED]