On Feb 4, 2005, at 6:11 AM, Jesús Arnáiz wrote:
The problem is that, although I compiled courier with authvchkpw-auth it seems not to call this program. I think so because I see (with ktrace and truss) that courier authenticate my users reading the mysql database and it adds also the info data to the relay table on MySQL directly (I mean, not using vchkpw as it should do).

So, the user is authenticated and can read his e-mail but he isn't added to the tcp.smtp.cdb file (tcpserver).

Actually authvchkpw is a version of vchkpw that's integrated with courier-imap. It never calls vchkpw directly, so it's behaving as expected.

Unfortunately, I don't know about using roaming users (pop before smtp) with courier. I've always used SMTP AUTH as the sole relaying mechanism on our servers.

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]