In the next three months, I will more than likely start looking into
writing a script of some kind to interact with .dir-control so that I
will be able to update the hashed directories to recognize spots that
can be filled in previous directories.  Do you think this is a
feasible goal (at this point I haven't looked into how the
.dir-control file works since it will be a later project for me).  I
don't like the solution of deleting the file and restarting over
completely from scratch nor do I like the idea that after a while I
will more than likely have a lot of empty directories (or directories
with only a couple domains in it).

James