Point taken.  And a good one.  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Oehler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:36 AM
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Spamassin configuration

> I don't think vdelivermail or vpopmail in general should be calling
> spamc/spamassassin.  Let that be handled elsewhere.  Let's stick to
> delivering mail and deciding where it goes.

However, lets remember that if spam is only scanned at the MTA level,
SpamAssassin user preferences will not function if the e-mail is
addressed to more than one sender.  Scanning in vdelivermail, at the MDA
level, does not have this restriction.  For that reason I still think
there is value in scanning in vdelivermail.

Paul