----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Kitchen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <vchkpw@inter7.com>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] moving maildirs to a new home

I did check and it seems that my uid, gid for vpopmail and vchkpw are
different than the original box.  I tried to change the uid:gid in the
/var/qmail/users/assign file but I still cannot authenticate.  I am working
with freeBSD and it seems that changing the gid is not as simple as editing
the /etc/group file. Does anyone know how that is done?  I cannot seem to
find anything on it.  I am thinking that I may be abe to erase it and
recreate the group, but I am not sure at this moment.

I basically copied everything over to the new box with rsync -vaz

by everything, I mean
/var/qmail/alias
/var/qmail/users
/var/qmail/control
/home/vpopmail/domains

i feel that all that I have to do is remedy the uid:gid and it should work,
but I am also thinking that changing the uid:gid in the
/var/qmail/users/assign should have done the trick.  Can someone comment on
that?

thanks,
Bob