Hi,

I have created a mail-filter, that I run from
/home/vpopmail/domains/0/domain.name/username/.qmail

The .qmail file is as follows:
|/lbs/intraweb/mailfilter.pl [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/home/vpopmail/domains/0/domain.name/username/Maildir/

This script either exits with a 0 to let it deliver the mail to the maildir,
or a 99, to make it drop it, and report successful.

The problem is that when the script exits with 99, qmail says it's a
deferral (with no trailing description), and bounces the message, so it's
executed every bounce.

I tried running a wrapper, to check if the return value is correct, and no
output to STDOUT/STDERR:

#!/bin/sh
cat | /lbs/intraweb/mailfilter.pl [EMAIL PROTECTED] > \
/tmp/wrapperlog.$$  2>&1 echo 'code='$? >> /tmp/wrapperlog.$$ exit $?

This was the result:

# cat /tmp/wrapperlog.*
code=99

As you see. Nothing wrong.
But the mails don't leave the queue and keeps on bouncing.

What can be wrong? On the qmail mailinglist, they found nothing wrong, and
told me it must be a vpopmail-issue.

Anyone have a clue?

--
Håkon Nessjøen