on 4/8/05 10:38 PM, Tom Collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Apr 8, 2005, at 6:31 PM, Kurt Bigler wrote:
>> But it strikes me that if a .qmail-<alias> file contains for example
>> exactly
>> the same thing as .qmail-default, this would not hurt system behavior
>> at
>> all.  Qmail looks for a .qmail-<alias> file first and if it finds one
>> it
>> does not look at .qmail-default.  So there is no issue of
>> .qmail-default
>> recursion in that case.  The recursion problem only comes up in the
>> ".qmail"
>> files (which are really vpopmail files, not seen by QMail) inside user
>> directories.  These files are called *from* vdelivermail.
>
> This is true.
>
> I only mention it, because in the past there have been people who
> thought that
>
> vdelivermail '' /home/vpopmail/domain.com/user/Maildir
>
> Would simply deliver the message to that Maildir.  It will only do that
> if the message doesn't match any valid user.
>
> If I can get vdelivermail to set the environment variables properly,
> you guys should be able to use the safecat (or maildir?) programs in
> your .qmail files.
>
> Are safecat and/or maildir quota-aware?

I don't know.  But have you looked at my vdelivermail.c patch?  Don't you
think it would be cool to have this functionality available without
requiring another package?  There's a bunch of features in vdelivermail.c
and as it develops further no one is really keeping track of what they might
lose by going with an outside-of-vpopmail solution.  This makes me want to
stick inside the vpopmail code, which I trust.  It also guarantees
uniformity of treatment for my filtered and unfiltered mail delivery.  You
can't beat the simplicity of it.

-Kurt