At 11:28 AM 6/12/2005, you wrote:
I'm a little confused by this option. it's not documented that i can find. i'm running mysql authentication.  i have auth-logging on. the default for sql-logging is off. okay. but what does sql-logging *do*? how does it differ from auth-logging?

i should make it a rule that whenever i think i've exhausted my searching and need to post about it, i should wait thirty more minutes....because i'll find the answer.

from michael bowe's most excellent 'cookbook' - http://www.pipeline.com.au/staff/mbowe/isp/webmail-server.htm

<-- Maintain the vlog table in MySQL (shows failed
authentication requests).

    The verbosity of the logging will mirror what was chosen in the --enable-logging parameter.

Paul Theodoropoulos http://www.anastrophe.com
http://www.smileglobal.com