Tobias Orlamuende wrote:

Am Freitag, 17. Juni 2005 19:22 schrieb Rick Macdougall:

If you don't need individual settings, the easiest is to just have
simscan call spamc.  This way, you can reject spam at the SMTP level
instead of bouncing it later on.
You can still use individual settings with simscan calling spamc, just
fyi.  That's the way all the mail servers I build do it.

Regards,

Rick

How do you achieve this goal?
How do you let your users manage these settings?
How is performance when using SA with simscan?

Hi,

By using --enable-spamc-user=y with simscan and by using MySQL based preferences for spamd. Users manage their options via a web page I modified from an earlier version of SA.

Performance is pretty good. With have spamd running on it's own machine with 2 different servers calling it. One server gets about 100K messages a day and the other gets about 40K messages a day.

Regards,

Rick