Also for anyone else running qmail/vpopmail on  a Gentoo system and using
the SMTP-AUTH patch, a change from r13 to r15 will break your setup unless
you update your USE flags. It is related to notlsbeforeauth feature.

See the following posting for more details:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-339867-highlight-smtpauth.html

Be warned anyone running qmail/vpopmail on Gentoo r15 is a bit of a
headache when upgrading.

-Dougal