At 03:35 PM 6/30/2005, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
> well, sure, i could do that, but then when they cut over here it'll
> bollox everything up. the domain has to be in rcpthosts on the POP
> server - heck, vpopmail maintains the rcpthosts/morercpthosts
> automatically on the POP server. I'm not clear how the server would
> accept new incoming mail for the domain from my own servers once the
> MX does cut over here if there's no entry in rcpthosts.

you would just tell your POP server to allow relaying from the MX servers.

okay, i presume then that there's a way to add permanent relay entries into the mysql database. i'll have to do a little research. what about vpopmail's insistence on maintaining the rcpthosts/morercpthosts files? will i have to manually delete the files after each new domain is added to the server? sorry for all the questions.

Paul Theodoropoulos
http://www.anastrophe.com
http://www.smileglobal.com