hi folks!
I could really need some help on this one:

I'm using qmail and vpopmail and just patched up with smtp-auth, compiled again
and everything seems to work fine... a telnet to my server with a following
ehlo hostname gives me:
250-mail.domain.de
250-AUTH LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN
250-AUTH=LOGIN CRAM-MD5 PLAIN
250-PIPELINING
250 8BITMIME
...so like in a Howto that I read...
I'm using "/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw" in my "~/qmail-smtpd/run"-script...

While using Outlook Express to send emails over my server everything works like
it should work when I select "Server uses authentification" (server denies to
send mail with wrong password), but if I DON'T select "Server uses auth.." my
server just sends everything via smtp... What the hell is that? Why doesn't it
ask for auth when no username and password is given by outlook?
How comes checkpassword in that? Does it anyway, when I use vhckp? I haven't
installed this cmd5check...something-tool... Do I need to?

I really hope someone could help me, cause I've read through so many sites
today, without any success...