Hey Rick,

On Thursday, July 21, 2005,5:02:20 PM, you wrote:
RM> There are at least 2 problems with quota in Vpopmail/Qmail that I'm
RM> trying to track down.
RM> One is with qmail-pop3d, it doesn't seem to be updating the maildirsize
RM> file even with Bill's maildir++ patch applied and the other one(s) apply
RM> to the vdelivermail program.

Not quite sure if maildir++ is included in netqmail-1.05 which is what this
server is running with big-ext-todo/doublebouncetrim/outgoingip/bigconcurrency
applied myself..

RM> The problems with the vdelivermail program seem to have been fixed by
RM> Tom in the 5.4.12 release, and I am running it here in production with
RM> almost the exact same configure setup as you.

Hmm. It seems to be that it's ignoring my '--disable-many-domains' -- after
installing 5.4.12 I created a new domain and it showed up in
vpopmail.vpopmail:

mysql> select * from vpopmail;
pw_name    | pw_domain    | pw_passwd                          | pw_uid |
pw_gid | pw_gecos   | pw_dir                                           |
pw_shell  | pw_clear_passwd
postmaster | testing2.com | $1$UqbJyvRs$BdhgjERdcPylWtxh65yMh. |      0 |
0 | Postmaster | /home/vpopmail/domains/1/testing2.com/postmaster | 20971520S |
testing
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

Had to re-install 5.4.10 quickly thereafter though as my send log was
showing this:

delivery 19768: success:
vmysql:_sql_error[3]:_Table_'vpopmail.vpopmail'_doesn't_exist/did_0+0+1/

Seems like it was looking for all the domains to be in that one vpopmail
table, but there are already separate tables in the vpopmail database for
each domain.

RM> One thing you should note though, --enable-domain-quotas is horribly
RM> broken and may cause errors, slow deliveries and other unpredictable
RM> problems.  I'd disable that right away.

Done, thanks :-)

RM> I'll keep working on the qmail-pop3d problem, but 5.4.12 should fix most
RM> of your problems.  I'm not sure why you are getting vpopmail.vpopmail
RM> table error  but if you could strace the calling program that gives the
RM> error, we can probably track it down easily enough.

I strace'd doing a vuserinfo and vdominfo in both 5.4.12 and then in 5.4.10
where its working normally. Same configure used to build both, same one as I
posted before only with --disable-domain-quotas now. Did first the strace
then the command without the strace to show what it was giving me. Now that
I created one domain under 5.4.12 which ended up in vpopmail.vpopmail its
not complaining about the missing table but that it can't find the existing
domains (again in separate tables already).

results are here:
http://relay.greensoft.com/strace/

in 5.4.12:
strace1-5412.txt = strace vuserinfo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
strace1normal-5412.txt = vuserinfo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
strace2-5412.txt = strace /home/vpopmail/bin/vdominfo lawrencian.com
strace2normal-5412.txt = vdominfo lawrencian.com

in 5.4.10 (working ok except for the quotas):
strace1-5410.txt = strace vuserinfo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
strace1normal-5410.txt = vuserinfo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
strace2-5410.txt = strace vdominfo lawrencian.com
strace2normal-5410.txt = vdominfo lawrencian.com

In any case when I get 5.4.12 installed ok it will take some hunting to find
another account with a mismatched quota, since this one in question
[EMAIL PROTECTED] fixed itself as soon as I did a vsetuserquota which I
guess recalculated the maildir size.

Probably won't matter but here's my qmail-pop3d run script:

#!/bin/sh
PASSPROG="/home/vpopmail/bin/vchkpw"
HOSTNAME=`hostname --fqdn`

exec /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 10000000 \
    /usr/local/bin/tcpserver -v -H -R -l 0 -c 200 0 110 \
    /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup $HOSTNAME \
    $PASSPROG /var/qmail/bin/qmail-pop3d Maildir 2>&1

Thanks and best wishes,
Jeremy