On 2005-10-04, at 1959, Ducky wrote:
How does one go about setting up wildcards? I just moved servers and all my wild cards do not seem to be working.

On my other server with qmail i would just create a .qmail-$email- default file and point it to the local directory.

Example:

I set up [EMAIL PROTECTED] now I want a wildcard for all [EMAIL PROTECTED] to [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s local mailbox. I would create

.qmail-foo-default

which contains

| true
./foo/Maildir/

this procedure should work.

and you don't need the "| true" line in each file, that's just wasting CPU cycles.

you may need to check the ownership and permissions of the .qmail-* files you're creating. they should be owned by the vpopmail user, set to the vchkpw group, and have permissions 0600. if the vpopmail user can't read them, qmail-local (which will be running as the vpopmail user) won't be able to follow the directions they contain.

http://qmail.jms1.net/scripts/ has a script called "vfixpermissions" (currently the last item on the page) which will recursively fix the permissions for all of your vpopmail domains.

| John M. Simpson - KG4ZOW - Programmer At Large |
| http://www.jms1.net/           <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
| Mac OS X proves that it's easier to make UNIX  |
| pretty than it is to make Windows secure.      |