Make sure you check permissions on the mailfilter file.  Should be
vchkpw.vpopmail and chmod 600

One thing you can do is echo out information to a temp file as you're
running.

`echo $HOME > /tmp/home.txt`

I think that should work.  May help in debugging.

Are you running the latest version of maildrop?

This seems to be turning more into a maildrop discussion than a vpopmail
discussion.  Email me direct and we can continue the discussion.

Charlie