> Yes, here are changes. I've already tried them and it works. Just
studying the name of calls it may be adapted to Postgres also (it should
be enough to use vauth_open() ).

> In chkuser_settings.h enable
> #define CHKUSER_ENABLE_VAUTH_OPEN
> and add one of the following lines:
> /* use this if you are using replicated MySQL, with read access */
#define CHKUSER_VAUTH_OPEN_CALL vauth_open
> or
> /* use this if you are using standalone MySQL, with readwrite access */
#define CHKUSER_VAUTH_OPEN_CALL vauth_open_update

FYI - with MySQL it's vauth_open_read not vauth_open.  I'm thinking of
submitting a patch to vpopmail to unify the call, so that it can be
published globally.  It would be nice if vauth_open would work no matter
what the backend auth mechanism...

<snip>

> Another comment on side effects of restarting MySQL.
> Courier auth daemon must be restarted, because it does not try to reopen
any MySQL connection.

> It would be nice to have a simple perl script monitoring MySQL (an
attach every x minutes), and in case of problem:
>          - running a script for shutting down Courier and other mail
> services
>          - stopping/restarting MySQL
>          - running a script for restarting all mail services

Does authdaemon die if it loses its connection to MySQL?  If so why not
just run it under daemontools.  If not, perhaps it should...

I haven't looked at authdaemon/courier-imap v4 lately, but I dislike the
mechanism somewhat because there's no way to get the TCPREMOTEIP info from
the imap daemon to vpopmail, which I use to determine if I even need to
update the relay table (I don't if it's in my permanently allowed subnet,
or from my local webmail server...) which saves time on heavily loaded
servers...

Josh
--
Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division