On Feb 21, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Alex Borges wrote:
Okay,

I wanna move about 50 ezmlm lists to a diferent domain.

[snip]

Now i suspect that copying directories and files will do the trick but
im not shure. Also, i wonder what ezmlm-make parameters should i use.

Im going through the source of qmailadmin right now and im shure to find
out exactly how those lists get made by it, but im also shure you guys
can come up with a better way to go about it.

QmailAdmin calls ezmlm-make. The config file in the list's directory should tell you everything you need to know in regards to creating the list.

You should be able to use the config file to generate a call to ezmlm-make to create your new list, and then pipe the output of ezmlm-list (for the old list) to ezmlm-sub (for the new list) to transfer the subscribers, moderators (if appropriate) and digest subscribers (if appropriate) to the new list.

I suspect you could simply copy the subscribers, mod/subscribers and digest/subscribers (I'm guessing on that digest path) from the old directory to the new one.

ezmlm-make is probably a better solution than just copying the list's confi directory and recreating the .qmail-list-whatever symlinks, as you'll have to edit the configuration files to use the new list's pathname, and change the old domain to the new domain in files like inhost.

Tom Collins
Tom Logic LLC
PO Box 5717
Napa, CA 94581