On Tue, 09 May 2006 10:47:30 -0400, Michael Krieger wrote:

> I'd point you to the RFCs that state that the postmaster must exist and
> should accept mail, but since you're asking, you probably don't really
> mind.

You're right but I think RFC822 should be worked over. Problems with UBE
and SPAM were 1982 not even theoretically existing.

I'd like it better this way:
I have several domains with the same MX RR(s). The domain the MX host(s)
belong to has a case insensitiv 'postmaster' mailbox. It is filtered for
SPAM/Viruses (rejected with a meaningful message) and checked once a day.
Most if not all problems the appropriate clause in RFC822 is defined for
are technical by nature. For all other concerns this account can help too.

regards
  Lars