From: Tom Collins [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 21:24
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] Unwanted Local Delivery

On May 19, 2006, at 11:13 AM, Andy BIERLAIR wrote:
> So you say that there is no option to simply switch off local delivery
> and treat everything as coming from the outside? I guess I have to
> live with that :)
>
> How would I do the script based idea below realtime based? I mean,
> each time an email is sent from the smtp.

It will be very difficult to do what you're trying to accomplish, with
little benefit.

Your server is set up to host email for a particular domain.  If email
for that domain is delivered to your box, then you should accept it.

It can be delivered locally (someone using your server for smtp relay
with pop-before-smtp or SMTP AUTH sends to the domain in question).
This is the version you're trying to catch.

Another SMTP server on the Internet could deliver it to you (this
should only happen if you're listed as an MX host for the domain).  So
this one isn't a problem.

Why is it so important for you to do this on your server?  If you're
hosting someone's email, and they move their email hosting to another
provider without telling you, is it really your fault if your server
still accepts their email?

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]