From: aichains [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, July 01, 2006 1:56 PM
To: vchkpw@inter7.com
Subject: Re: [vchkpw] QMail transfer - changing Postmaster password

Austin Jorden wrote:
> Ok, all of the UID's on the new box have to make all of the UID's of the
old
> box.  This means all of the user accounts?    Same passwords too?    and
> RSync is simply a program that will allow file transfer easily?
>
> - Austin

6/29/2006

they dont "have to", match, but the uid's and gid's should match, unless
you dont mind going through and fixing permissions...

as long as they do, then you can add the --perms argument to rsync
(along with other args), and it will move stuff over for you.

http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/

also, if you are doing a hard cut-over of IPs, then tar would probably
be quicker. you can pipe tar over ssh even...

now, as far as why the passwords/disk usage displays incorrectly,
something tells me that there are permission problems within the
~vpopmail/domains.

--
aichains