On 2007-01-08, at 1147, Joshua Megerman wrote:

vpopmaild checks the username and password directly against the user
database, so setting the type to vpopmaild shouldn't depend on what port you run it on. Is there any need for "other", and should I add "webmail" to the list? Also, should I use the words listed above, or should I just
use the numeric types defined in vchkpw (0-3) and increment them for
vpopmaild (4) and other (5 - if used)?

i would go with words.

the one exception would be for "other"... if you get a type code which is unknown, build a string which looks like "(type=19)" and send that as the type code, instead of "smtp" or "pop3".

| John M. Simpson    ---   KG4ZOW   ---    Programmer At Large |
| http://www.jms1.net/                         <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> |
| http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4312730277175242198 |