On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 08:55 -0500, DAve wrote:
> Rainer Duffner wrote:
> > DAve wrote:
> >> Good morning,
> >>
> >> No errors when building, seems to work,
> >> bash-2.05b# /home/vpopmail/bin/vuserinfo [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> Error. Domain pixelhammer.com was not found in the assign file
> >

> > That should not happen.
> > What happens when you add a domain?
> > Does it get added to the assign file?
>
> I do not want to add a domain to this server. I do not think you
> understand what this server is doing. See below, this server is doing
> *outbound* service only, there will be no local deliveries.

I have a similar setup - but locked down to an IP and a separate qmail
install.  That IP/qmail install is only for auth'd outgoing email -
nothing gets delivered to hosted domains.

Even if you're not doing 'local' delivery, you still need to be able to
resolve a username with vuserinfo.  Otherwise vchkpw won't be able to
auth for you either.  So yes, you need a complete install as if it's a
complete server.

Now, what I did for my 'local' domains, since delivery is not happening
locally, is create a smtproutes file for those domains and point them to
the MX.

Rick