Hello,

I'm trying to use a mail filter appliance with a qmail/vpopmail (gentoo) install and am running into a issue with the filter generating excessive email accounts due to the way qmail handles invalid email addresses. I'm familiar with the chkuser 2 patch and have tried it with little success. I am using TLS on my system and the chkuser patch works exactly one time then begins rejecting even valid addresses. The vendor that makes the filter suggested using SMTP_VRFY but I'm unable to find a way to implement this in qmail/vpopmail.

Can anyone here point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Matt Kane
[EMAIL PROTECTED]