On Dec 8, 2007, at 4:26 PM, Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro wrote:
My system is: uname -a
Linux devel 2.6.18-xen #1 SMP Mon Dec 3 18:30:06 BRST 2007 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I got the same problem on x86_32 too. Always inside a PVM of XEN, out of XEN, vchkpw works fine.

I do a workarround with my patched qmail (AUTH_CDB patch) from JMS qmail patch, onchance script maintain a /var/qmail/control/auth.cdb in sync with vpopmail user db, so I can login via smtp-auth with AUTH_CDB qmail patch.

But I'd like to see vchkpw working fine inside a virtual machine... :)

Is it possible to compile and install vchkpw with debugging information, so we can find out which call to strstr() called the segfault? Or is it the getrlimit() call from the strace? Maybe you could email me a more detailed trace off-list and I'll try to find the section of code that's actually crashing?

If you grep through the ChangeLog for "64", you'll see that we've made various changes to support 64-bit over the past few years. I'm guessing that this is another 64-bit issue, maybe one that only comes up on machines with lots of RAM?

--
Tom Collins  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Vpopmail - virtual domains for qmail: http://vpopmail.sf.net/

!DSPAM:475d7c7332006819015875!