The info at http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/VPopMail is very much a
good start. The info at http://wiki.dovecot.org/QuestionsAndAnswers is a
bit old, but also helpful.

The Dovecot example config has vpopmail listed (assuming it was compiled
in), so you can use that as well. Just comment the other passdb and
userdb sections and uncomment the vpopmail ones.

I'm actually working on replacing Courier with Dovecot, but ran into an
unrelated issue that needs to be resolved before I can deploy (bug
concerning mtime updates in JFS in older Linux kernel 2.6 versions).

For my config, this is what I'm using (output from dovecot -n):

# 1.0.12: /etc/dovecot.conf
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
first_valid_uid: 89
last_valid_uid: 89
first_valid_gid: 89
last_valid_gid: 89
mmap_disable: yes
mail_plugins: quota imap_quota
auth default:
  mechanisms: plain login
  user: vpopmail
  passdb:
    driver: vpopmail
  userdb:
    driver: vpopmail
plugin:
  quota: maildir

 - Michael

Zhan Li wrote:
Hi Quey,
I searched on internet and mailing list, could not found a sample of dovecot file for vpopmail. can you please give me a link for a sample conf file? Thanks Zhan