On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:04 AM, Matt Brookings <m...@inter7.com> wrote:

> The configure script still expects you to be root, so the patch needs to
> adjust
> for that as well.

The issue is with the macro AC_TRY_RUN which expects vpopmail user to be
added
before configure can be run.

the code in configure.in
if (( pw=getpwnam(tmpbuf)) != 0 ) {
                f=fopen("vpopmail.dir","a+");
                fprintf(f,"%s\n", pw->pw_dir);
                fclose(f);

                f=fopen("vpopmail.uid", "a+");
                fprintf(f,"%d\n", pw->pw_uid);
                fclose(f);

                f=fopen("vpopmail.gid", "a+");
                fprintf(f,"%d\n", pw->pw_gid);
                fclose(f);
        } else {
               f=fopen("vpopmail.dir", "a+");
               fprintf(f,"/var/vpopmail\n");
              fclose(f);
              f=fopen("vpopmail.uid", "a+");
              fprintf(f,"%d\n", getuid());
              fclose(f);
              f=fopen("vpopmail.gid","a+");
              fprintf(f,"%d\n",getgid());
              fclose(f);
        }

Having a flag like --disable-root-check to disable the configuration root
> check,
> and then using --prefix to set where to install to might work.  This patch
> seems
> only to address a single person's need is kind of what I'm saying, and so,
> it can't
> be added to the vpopmail project.

I can see the option --enable-root-build is already there which does the
same thing IMHO. It looks like this has been attempted before.

If build with non-root is made possible. One can use SUSE Open Build Service
(OBS) to build vpopmal rpm for Fedora, SUSE Linux, Mandriva, Centos, etc in
one go.

!DSPAM:4991cc6e32681600819616!