> Joshua Megerman wrote:
>> environment.  When in doubt, DON'T DO THIS.
>>
>> Now, if you just want to stop receiving email for the primary domain and
>> not delete it completely, take your server out of the MX entry, point
>> the
>> domain A record somewhere that doesn't accept mail, and/or add the
>> domain
>> to qmail's badmailto file (assuming you have that patch installed).
>
> While there are several ways to rename a domain, which is essentially what
> is
> being done here, the best question to ask one's self before beginning this
> very manual process, is if you NEED to, and if you have the experience
> with
> your backend database selection, and with qmail.
>
> The only time you really NEED to do this is if the domain is hosted on a
> remote
> site now, and the users of this system need to be able to email the remote
> system.  If your users of this domain own both domains, and simply want
> the
> new domain to 'be their primary', just tell them it's done, and to use the
> new domain name and leave everything as it is.

I totally agree - in my case I was hosting a subdomain of a domain that
the company wasn't renewing the registration on and I really didn't want
to be hosting a domain we didn't own anymore.  Plus like I said it was
small and still in testing (the decision to not renew the domain (and
migrate the process to the other one) was made after the initial setup was
completed with the original domain) I figured the worst case scenario was
to delete the whole thing and start from scratch :)

> The instructions above look correct by the way :)

Thanks!

Josh

Joshua Megerman
SJGames MIB #5273 - OGRE AI Testing Division
You can't win; You can't break even; You can't even quit the game.
  - Layman's translation of the Laws of Thermodynamics
j...@honorablemenschen.com

!DSPAM:49c1313232684641599795!